OPC Router – Industrial Integration / Middleware
The central Industry 4.0 platform enables data exchange in your networked production processes to be automated and optimised. The OPC Router connects systems vertically and horizontally, from sensors and controls to ERP and the cloud, from printers and scales to MES, SCADA or LIMS. Find the solution for your connectivity project from the multitude of plug-ins.
OPC Router simplicity requires no IT skills or expertise, enabling efficient time-to-market implementation of the solution, resulting in cost savings from the software development phase of the overall project.
Download a fully functional, demo version.
The router is based on standard interfaces for data exchange across all automation and business levels.
The recording of process values, production figures, downtimes and -reasons or consumption, provide you with the basis for optimizing your production.
- Event Driven
Connectivity between automated systems is event-driven.
- Graphical Interface
Individual connections and transfers are created via a user-friendly graphical configuration.
Regularly updated middleware for your IoT- and Industry 4.0-projects.
Route execution time and values transferred can be monitored in real-time for details diagnostic reducing hidden code and time lost to complex troubleshooting.
With the OPC Router you can easily connect to a SQL Server and access its tables, views and procedures. Data value from OT systems can be used to reference information from SQL servers which can then be returned to OT systems. For example, batch recipe step parameter lookups or product labelling information.
- “Store and Forward” for reliable data logging
- Secure access data
- Support for MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, SQLite, ODBC, OLE, SAP HANA etc.
- Integration, Extract, transform, load (ETL) tools for most applications
- Setting up machine-to-machine applications
Visit the OPC Router website for more information on the Microsoft SQL plug-in.
OPC UA is a platform-independent option for communication between different devices. It is used in all automation levels and enables the connection between a variety of systems. OPC UA is therefore treated as one of the most important IoT / Industry 4.0-protocols. The OPC Router operates as OPC client software for OPC DA and OPC UA.
- With the OPC plug-in, you can read and write data points from OPC servers, ideal for industrial data acquisition from any PLC or other device.
- Full performance for your secure communication.
- Transfers are triggered cyclically when data changes occur, per bit, counter or limit value is exceeded. Bit feedback in case of successful or faulty transfer.
- The OPC router can serve as a data logger machine-to-machine gateway, IoT-driver or gateway between PLC and other systems, such as ERP, database or e-mail.
For more information about the OPC UA plug-in visit the OPC Router website
Various SAP modules are designed to make workflows work as best as possible by being highly specified to suit the respective work profile with its many different tasks. In production environments the OPC Router is implemented closely aligned to PP (Production Planning an Control), or PP-PI (Production Planning – Process Industries), or PM (Plant Maintenance and Service Management), QM (Quality Management) or EWM (Extended Warehouse Management).
- Communication takes place on the SAP®-side via standard interfaces or individually created BAPIs, RFCs or IDocs.
- No programming skills are required, the connection is created conveniently via the graphical configuration.
- Link PLC, MES or other systems directly to SAP and save time by avoiding manual data transfer.
For more information on the SAP Systems visit here.
MQTT works according to the publisher/subscriber principle and operates via a central broker.
- With OPC Router as MQTT subscriber you can use data from MQTT Publisher and pass it on to any system via the other plug-ins (OPC UA, SAP, SQL Databases, Email, REST, etc.)
- As a MQTT publisher the OPC Router can send data from non-MQTT-enabled sources to a broker to provide any MQTT subscriber with data
- With the OPC Router as MQTT Client you send or receive valuable data to/from MQTT capable systems
For more information on the SAP Systems visit here